Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Baby shower gifts

I was at a friend's baby shower this past weekend. To be perfectly honest I'd thought it was this weekend, so when I came across the invite again, I panicked a bit because I'd bought nothing. I like to make handmade things. My crochet skills, not so stellar as I'm still learning. So I bought some things from the gift registry and decided to embroider some things for a more personal touch. The results follow.

I really wanted to do some D*sney stuff. The machine I use has built in D*sney designs, but nothing really cute for babies. And so my hunt for baby Mickey stuff began. My mom was able to find some and I spent Friday after work getting things done.
A test with baby Pluto was the first thing I started with.

Actually looking like Pluto! I'd been worried because it wasn't looking very Pluto like. For whatever reason, the pattern called for Pluto to have a silver tongue.... And I wasn't paying attention as I was changing the thread. So, in the test he has a silver tongue. Whoever picked the colors needs a lesson in D*sney character colors!

See, he does have a red tongue!












And this is what he looks like all finished. The orange is a bit too filled, I guess I'd say. But that's the pattern and there wasn't anything I could do about it.
I also did baby Donald.

Donald didn't get tested fully, because when I did, it got knotted up under with the bobbin thread and I decided he couldn't be much bigger than the Pluto was and went right on to the diaper cloth.













And Donald all done.
I had also done baby Mickey, but that patter was very messed up and he didn't come out really at all. I mean he looked like Mickey, but the gaps in the pattern were terrible, sadly.
So, I did one with his name-













Overall, I think things came out pretty well!

No comments:

Post a Comment